Wednesday, June 08, 2005

and the weather is sizzling hot

When the thermometer goes way up...and the weather is sizzling hot - my favorite song by Ella Fitzgerald...it's too darn hot, it's too_darn_hot

Yes, it's hot, but not in the office. I went out to lunch and it was so much nicer outside! We have no window in our space in this office, however, when next week the new intern comes, I will be the one to move to Bugajski's office: which has a nicer chair, a door, and a window. And also funny posters on the wall like "Visit Russia, before we visit you" and a picture of tanks on a parade in Moscow. He also has the "Elvtarsak, vege" poster, which I can't produce here with Russian letters. Also, there's a huge map of Yugoslavia on the wall, dictionaries, and all kinds of books. I just hope he won't come in, but he rarely does: then he always says "hey folks!" with his British accent.

I now have to do research on Germany, which I enjoy, but it's a pain to find something written in English on how the Germans view Central Eastern Europe.

Yesterday I was out to xerox and while I was copying suddenly I remembered Geoff (probably the sudden green light of the machine in a careless moment evoked these kind memories) and I tried but I couldn't remember his voice. I remember his face, his smile, the way he always bumped into the table or put his hands together...Mate can very well imitate the way he said, "suppose..." - but not his voice. So I tried to remember and I can't even hear the voice of Rafal, who I last met in March, 3 months ago. So strange.

No comments: