Friday, September 09, 2005

one day with Marion in Budapest

I guess comment spams started to appear on my blog, too...maybe I will do something about it, but it's too early in the morning now (8:40 am but my new clock from Urban Outfitters shows 7:39 am and I don't know which to believe). Yesterday Máté came over for dinner and it went very well! He could meet Marion and Marion could meet him, so it was good. We were also talking about the U.S. and what we miss, and what I don't miss at all is the food. What I miss is all the clothes stores and book stores...would be nice to have them here, too.

Before going to sleep, I started reading my other blog to Marion to look for things we did together and we had fun reading those! I hope some other day we will read this blog (well, if only I wrote in it) and we will remember this visit of hers to Budapest!

So yesterday we stayed late at home, had breakfast, I sent a job application, then we went into town to Bazilika. The inside was nice, and I saw the right hand of Szent István for the first time. Marion thought it was "erk" and it was weird how they took the hand for little walks like it was a baby (based on the pictures). We went up by elevator because I insisted you can't go up on foot, of course you can, but I was too lazy to walk. Then I could show Marion "my apartment" - there's a spacious area between one of the pillars (where the first elevator goes) and the top of the church (where the other elevator goes), and I told her I wished I could live there, would have a big bath tub in the middle...then the view was very nice from up (I think the nicest in the city). We asked a Spanish guy (ahhhh his accent...I loved it) to take a photo of the two of us with the Parliament in the background (which will be blurred, because Marion doesn't know if she has double focus on her camera). Then we waited for a guy to jump or just move for a while to take another photo (he was in the way).

Then we walked over to the synagogue, where I had never been before, and it wasn't scary (well, I wouldn't say, "at all" but it was better than most Catholic churches). We had lunch in Kék Rózsa, I had chicken Kiev style and Marion tasted it and liked it very much. Afterwards I showed her where I used to live on Wesselényi utca, then we walked to Andrássy to buy the train tickets to Sopron and back (were expensive).

Alright, I'm going to finish up the washing up now and may continue later!

No comments: