Sunday, February 12, 2006

I got a postcard from Sylvain, with his French address BUT the stamps were American (it seems the price rose from 80 cents to 84 cents). Although the script the post office prints on the envelop got smeared, I could read he got it posted in Maryland.

My dear Honey,

I know that you must be very jealous
of me right now. But I couldn't come
back to DC without sending you a postcard.
You're actually the only person I've met
in DC who I'm sending a postcard to.
Why? Because I think you were the
one (after me, 'but of course') who
was the most addicted to the city!
As you must guess, I'm here to do
a presentation at a conference about
the work I did here in DC as an
intern. Although the presentation lasted
less than 1/2 hour, I decided to spend
a whole week here and I can tell you
that I feel it's not enough. :-(
I spend my days shopping and visiting the
few attractions I hadn't the chance to visit
before and my nights going out w/ Gregoire,
Caroline, Ben and Zlatko + all my buddies
from ACI (Chris, Pam, Sara, Michelle...) But I
really wish you were here w/ me, honey!
Bises de Starbucks Georgetown
SYLVAIN


I was very jealous of course, and I started thinking what I'd give just to be able to go back for one week and spend it with my friends there, meet Sarabecka, and everyone from the House!

But knowing that I can't, and thinking of the times when I thought in the US: 1. what I'd give just to come home for one week 2. how I declared many times that I'd had enough of the US and was time for me to go home - so I'm trying instead to concentrate of being content right here right now.

No comments: