Tuesday, May 22, 2007

white elephants

I just came back from lunch, which was okay, I was sitting outside, reading a little bit. I had to scotch tape the New Yorker because it got ripped on the cover and I hate that. Probably I will throw it away at some point but it just looks so bad with this rip as if I can't take care of my things.

I read the article on the grand physics experiment, but if I had to recount what it was about, I couldn't probably say much...I just liked the name of the Superconducting Super Collider. I looked it up and learned that these things are called white elephants- when you spend a lot of money on it and it's good for nothing. I remember when we had to read Hills Like White Elephants and I had an argument on the bus with a girl that it's not about abortion and she said it was obviously about abortion and looked at me like I was stupid. (Defining moment in my abandonment of literature studies.)

Yesterday I was again in a bad mood, but today we are going to play badminton and I'm excited about that!

I still have no idea what I should write about in this post. I was thinking about it before going to sleep yesterday. But probably the best thing to do is not the theorize about it too much. The other thing I'm always thinking about these days is, of course, my going home. Andi and Zoli tell me it's going to be awful and I'm going to cry too much which reminded me how I said goodbye to Mr. Boyfriend back in 2005. Strange that the last time I talked to him was in New York City! We were on the bus (in Chinatown). I told him, "so we are going to say goodbye now" He said (wearily), "yes." I said, "do you want to talk about all the nice things that happened while you were here...and we'd be nostalgic, let's do that." He replied, "I hate when people do that." This sounds typically like my propaganda, but for me, this is a true story!

And now I'll do a little research and try to include an mp3 file here!

No comments: