Monday, June 25, 2007

The weather is still really bad, but! It's still summer! I will enjoy every minute of it, and especially Roskilde! I have to sleep one, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...9 nights and we are going!!!

I read all the short stories in the New Yorker. They are just great. I liked all of them, especially Sweetheart Sorrow. I almost forgot how much I like literature. I have been thinking about the school I wanted to go to (from September) and I don't feel like going any more. I guess I just won't. Goodbye Corps Diplomatique! Instead, now I want to become: a book critic (again). I would work in a newsroom with all the cool journalists, I would have to read books all day, and then I just have to think and write about them! Wouldn't it be the best! Although even though I like literature a lot, I don't ever really talk about it. And writing about a story because some other people are interested, would be a good way of learning how to express myself! Of course, my reviews would be full of literary inside jokes that a lot of people, I believe, would appreciate!

The best Hungarian weekly that I read has a profile of a famous/important Hungarian person every week, which I like to read first every time I read the magazine, and I always think of the ways these people have become what they have become. They went to so many schools and did so many strange things and often ended up being something completely different. So I will just now start something new and hopefully it will last some time, and I won't be somewhere else again this time next year.

No comments: