Thursday, July 19, 2007

Roskilde Diary 1

This is our own Roskilde diary, compiled by Zsófi and me. It started on a Wednesday, July 4.

We packed and went over to Eliot's house for a pre-Roskilde grill party.
We went up the stairs and Eliot put on Keep the Car Running- my favorite Arcade Fire song. We made salad and Fred arrived. Fred was nice to Zsófi. Zsófi was nervous. Then Rich came and he not only had his winter coat with him, but a pair of wellies. That should have been a sign. I did not take the raincoat I got from Zoli. I said, "why would I need a raincoat? I have an umbrella!"
But during the evening I got convinced that probably it's better if I take it so Zsófi and I went back to fetch it. By this time, Zsófi said she was drunk. I interrogated Rich about his girlfriend. Zsófi said Rich must have appreciated it because it showed that I cared.

We got on the train and unfortunately there was indeed a 6th person in our sleeping compartment. We could not turn on the lights and there was no chance we could play train twister there. The boys talked about the usual boy stuff and they mixed drinks (from freshly squeezed orange juice!) Then Rich and Fred wanted to smoke. They left and Eliot said, "what makes you think you're so funky" which made me laugh. Then Rich and Fred came back that they found a car where we could spread the Twister sheet and play Train Twister!

Rich and the ladies



The Big Puncher in action

No comments: