Thursday, July 19, 2007

Roskilde Diary 3

So we couldn't get on the train and had to wait an hour for the next one. The next train finally rolled in and people started screaming and pushing for the doors. We just didn't elbow our way and so we did not get on. I felt like crying. The train left without us. Eliot said he would sleep at the train station. I saw on the screens that there was another train to Copenhagen and Zsófi and I went to wait for it. People were asking, "is this train going to Copenhagen?" and I said, "yes!"


We got on and on the train they announced they apologize for the lack of seating place and that's why they wouldn't go around checking the tickets. For some reason I found this reassuring. We were so tired.

And then the lightning struck. The train stations we passed looked so familiar and I asked a woman if the train was going to Copenhagen. Turned out it was coming FROM Copenhagen and going to Jutland!

I was exhausted and wanted to cry. I went into hysterics. We got off at Korsør, which turned out to be just on the edge of the island. The exact opposite of where Copenhagen was. We only had to wait 45 minutes for the first train in the morning going to Copenhagen. We changed our wet clothes to dry clothes and calmed down a bit.

Then we got on the train and slept and woke up in Copenhagen. We got to a hotel 9 hours after leaving our tent. We were sleeping until around 3. Then we went back to the train station and Eliot bought a hot dog/sausage (we are still waiting for a ruling on that!)

We had to stand in line for the bus at Roskilde station.

We went to meet up Rich and Fred. They had their fingernails painted pink. Fred's jacket also had some pink nail paint.

18 year old Swedish girls came up to us to chat. They completely ignored Zsófi and me. We started smoking which worked on me pretty well. I was laughing. I asked the others, hey doesn't this taste like shower gel? And they all said no! And I really believed I was the only one feeling this taste.

The girl said, "guys let's go to see the Beastie Boys! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity! Come on, it's the Beastie Boys!" - Eliot said, "I have already seen them 3 times". The girl wanted to put makeup on Eliot. He said, "Thanks, I already put makeup on in the morning". She then said, "I'm going to go over and put makeup on that guy" Eliot said, "Yes, I'm sure it will make him look 5 years younger". This whole exchange made me happy.

Then we went to see the Beastie Boys. Fred said, "I have to make a pee". I said, "You can't say this in English." Fred started joking, "No, I meant I have to peel...I have to shave the Autobahn...you know..." and he took my hand and wanted to put it in his pants!

Then we saw CSS which we liked. I was praying for Meeting Paris Hilton and they played it! I...ran into the bitch... then we were wandering around, Zsófi and I went to get food and then we went to see Peter, Bjorn and John (George). We stayed for the beginning of one song, which was an acoustic version of Young Folks, and then we decided to hit the road, otherwise we might not have caught the trains for Copenhagen.

By some magic we got on a bus that went directly to Cph- we had to stand the whole time but we didn't mind. We were in the hotel by 2!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You captured my good side

Anonymous said...

I'll say so! OUCH!

Anonymous said...

I can't even get breast meat that good

Anonymous said...

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I can only think of two: yes, please!

Anonymous said...

She hired!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't want to humiliate anyone, but I would share an umbrella with that girl any day, rain or shine!

Unknown said...

ah, roskilde, i was there for the music...

Anonymous said...

Me two!