Thursday, July 19, 2007

Roskilde Diary 5

Then we had to wait for Rich to wake up. We rolled up the tent (it had banana smeared inside) and then said goodbye. We could even get a seat on the shuttle bus. I felt sick. I started to have a soar throat. I didn't feel like talking to anybody.

We got back to Copenhagen train station. We were sitting in "our" café for 4 hours. Rich, Eliot and Fred went to a park. We were just sitting, reading, occasionally went to the bathroom. The bathroom had yellow lights. Zsófi and I also took turns to go out to the streets and walk one block and we both concluded that Copenhagen must be really nice. It was sunny and clear weather.

Rich and Fred smoking outside

We boarded the night train and it was nicer than on the way here. We were reading. Fred gave me the sports part of Le Monde. I could understand it mostly. I was eating Leberwurst with pretzels. Rich smelled like vinegar. We reached Korsør and the sea was really beautiful.

Eliot and Rich started to throw little pieces of paper on me. It made me pissed and I wanted to punch Eliot and he tried to punch back and that's when I hit the wall with my arm. It really hurt and there's still a bruise there. It looks cancerous.

I felt more and more sick and I could sleep a bit. The last thing I remember was rolling into Hamburg train station. Zsófi had a sore throat and she had to take a pill. But because she always has a hard time swallowing pills, she went to the bathroom for the disabled and was there for a long time trying to break the pill into smaller pieces and swallowing them.

And then we got home and I felt totally sick and I had fever but other than that the festival was great and I liked it despite the weather and all the ordeal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eliot did not try to punch you, if he wanted to he would have.

The factcheck

pillepalle said...

Really?!! Then why did I move my arm back? How many times do we have to discuss this?

Please cf. picture caption at the end of Roskilde Diary 1!

Anonymous said...

Fact # 1 your bruise was caused when you flung your arm and contacted the wall

Fact # 2 No part of EJC caused any part of you to put your arm into the wall

Why did you move your arm back? who knows? Were you punched anytime during the transaction in question? NO. (Fact # 3). This has nothing to do with other incidents, nor provocation. The fact of the matter is that you put your arm into the wall under your own power (while attacking an immobile and opponent Fact #4). Get your reading glasses on because here comes the bottom line: If you were a bit more polished in the revanche department, perhaps you would have one less bruise to lament.

FIN

p.s. If someone shoots themself in the foot in furtherance of what they determine to be "self-defense" (despite clearly being on the offense- preemption perhaps, Mr. President?), one can only shrug their shoulders. Furthermore, if the self-inflicted wound is far greater than any received during the provocation, one might be allowed to shake their head whilst shruging shoulders. Or as they say: Better luck next time, Pálpóoch.

pillepalle said...

Proud of yourself?

Anonymous said...

I proud of him!