Monday, August 27, 2007

last day i Sverige

While I was spending endless hours at Stockholm Cental Station, on Saturday, waiting for the airport bus to leave, I was reading Lolita. When I got tired, I started putting down my thoughts to the back of a piece of A4 paper, out of Gunnar's notebook. He drew me a little map so that I'd find the liquor store in Kista. I did find the liquor store, and I spotted one of my colleagues standing in line! I stood in the same line (it was a long line, because this was a Friday in Sweden). He paid but then he just wouldn't leave! It took forever for him to pack his stuff up and I noticed that he had a huge suitcase which he fully packed with beer. We pretended we didn't notice each other (I was fumbling with my phone, then I was bending down to take a plastic bag, and finally I was looking for my ID).

"As greater authors than I have put it: 'Let readers imagine' etc. On second thought, I may as well give those imaginations a kick in the pants." This was another line I liked in the book. As to my notes...my readers can very well imagine what they were about. My usual nonsense topics. Let's quote an embarrassing passage: "During our extensive and sleepy sessions, the presentation being enormously boring, I was observing his nose which reminded me of Nils Holgersson. (A tale I do not like.)" and "When I looked up he was handing me his pen. I'm writing with it right now. It says Nordic office. How little is enough for my poor heart!" pff...always ready to feel sorry for myself!

I also jotted down some interesting things I saw in the old town that morning. I was passing by a hot dog stand in front of which stood two American couples. Three of them were pointing to birds (showing the finger) in front of the sign "FRENCH HOT DOG" and the fourth person took a photo of this brave protest. This little scene made my eyes roll really fast.

On my last night in the hotel I went to sleep and suddenly I woke up because of a big noise in the bathroom and the lights also turned on. I thought something fell to the floor and I didn't understand how the lights went on, but then I saw that somebody was coming into my room! I started screaming. He looked like Mohammed. He looked surprised (obviously he went into the wrong room) (but no, he didn't ask me to marry him). He shouted, "sorry, sorry!" and went outside. I couldn't go back to sleep, my heart was racing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big noise in the bathroom and you weren't involved?

Anonymous said...

She is the prettiest girl I've ever seen. She doesn't smell. Please. The only big noise she makes in the bathroom is when she sings in her angelic voice.

ps. I know because it's the talk of the town of Kista

Anonymous said...

A real angel until you have to go in next... she says is taking a bath, but it's a lot of grunting for a bath. It sounds more like she is throwing watermelons into a swimming pool.

Anonymous said...

So the blogstress is widely (Sweden et al.) known as Póochi?