Friday, September 21, 2007

"A communication gap between the engineers and me is something I devotedly cherish and would hate to see disappear." I took this from the DFW book I'm reading now (Consider the Lobster). It's great and funny! Ok "engineers" is my substitute and I like to say this is my virtual motto to fend off the overwhelming male indifference toward me in the office. (I also stopped wearing skirts. What's the point? I sincerely hope I won't take on such habits of my colleagues (all men) as scratching their bellies and sneezing in the loudest possible way to send papers flying and hairs stand on end.)

This morning I managed to perform an entrée that prompted my roommate (I should use "one of my roommates" but the other roommate I have hasn't even told me but a number) to inquire if there's anything wrong. I laughed and said, "no, I'm just very tired." Although I must admit I was tired for a good reason: we played basketball last night and I made baskets and we had a good team and there was the usual drama of course when one of the girls ran into the dressing room (not Mara but Mara was apparently either a direct or indirect cause of this turbulence)- luckily this was toward the end of the game. I wonder what makes people get so on edge when it's just a game for God's sake.

Joyce sent me an article about Ayn Rand. I read it for two reasons: Gergő said Ayn Rand is an idiot, and she is wildly unpopular. Just like Kissinger and this guy who is so arrogant and therefore attractive to me- I hope they will put him in my room next week!

No comments: