I finished Lolita. It was just excellent. I read the note Nabokov wrote in the end, how the book was first rejected because it was "pornographic" while I think it was not at all, on the contrary, these parts were so wonderfully hinted at, if at all, but of course I understand it was such a horrible thing to do to a child! But HH was so irresistably funny and sarcastic so of course I liked him. Nabokov listed the images he used as the basic blocks of the novel but then he said, "these are the most important parts" well of course and he said, "if somebody wants to judge a country's society based on fiction"...yes and I agreed it was not anti-American at all, on the contrary, I wish I could go on a such a big road trip in the US (and stay in enchanted hotels)!
I'm having quite a Satuday night. I'm lying in bed, listening to The Chemical Brothers to imitate I'm in a swell party- Pitchfork said the album's crap but I thought I'd give it a shot. (How could they call one of their songs DAS Spiegel?!) I just searched for some people in Google. The result of the search: I love Google. I'm in a good mood.
I love the city, I love the weather, and I love that I'm so busy all the time! I read in an article that "if you work too hard, you party too hard". I still wait to see that happen. Although I felt terribly sick on Thursday and I only had 2 glasses of wine and a big beer (I asked Pierre, what are you getting? and he said, "a pint" and I said..."okay just get me a big beer please"). Oh and lots of cigarettes and I swore I'd never smoke again. And I insisted we take a taxi. I loved saying, "my treat"!
Zsófi and I played a TOP 5 game on paper, where we had to list TOP 5s of things. For example, "TOP 5 of animals you would like to wash", "TOP 5 of cafés we like" (Zsófi had Cafetiero on the list...please) "TOP 5 of family members we don't like" (neither of us could fill this list, which is good). And we talked a lot about Italy again, how great it was, and it was cool we were flying in from different cities, we did things on the fly every day (like going to Genova). Oh good times.
My new plan is to buy a bicycle. I already have one, but that's in Nagykanizsa, and not "cool enough" for my purposes. I plan to majestically roll in to work with my new supertrendy look of a new coat (I'm yet to buy), new pants (going shopping soon), new shoes and probably I'll also get a haircut but not too short, just to tame the big craziness a bit. Zsófi said it would take me 2 hours to get to work because by public transport it takes an hour, and that in winter my throat would hurt so much because of the cold air. I don't care! Oh and my new bike is going to be old style, preferably black and for ladies, with a wide and curvy wheel (I mean the thing in front. Is that a wheel?)
No comments:
Post a Comment