I just got to the office, and read the review of the new Bloc Party album, and I like:
"Where "Like Eating Glass" and "Pioneers" steadily built towards barely controlled chaos with unpredictability and positive tension, "Ares" engages in all-out sonic warfare: Russell Lissack's guitar blares like an air raid siren, Okereke's vocals gets processed into Cheez Whiz, and if the rhythm section was in the studio at any point during the recording, you'd need surveillance videos to prove it."
Double entendre on "Positive Tension"! Good, no?
While on my bike, I saw the following interesting things: one guy was biking with a plastic bag on the handlebars, with two rolls in them and he was eating out of this bag, while riding the bike!
And, because they closed down the road next to the river I only had to stop once at the red lights. Just once! And there I witnessed two dogs going at each other, big barking, while their big human friends were terrified and were jumping and pulling at their leashes. It was funny.
And when I crossed under the last bridge I missed a turn so I stopped and wanted to turn back without looking so the bike coming after me bumped into my front wheel, and I said, shit, sorry- and it was Szilvi's friend Anita (girl I stayed at in The Hague)! She said, "oh hello Eszti"!
And now it's showertime!
No comments:
Post a Comment