This morning Joyce left - Julie and me got up at 4.30 (a.m.) to say goodbye. Joyce was, as usual, laughing, and the sleepiness and this laughing killed my willingness to cry. So today, I can announce with pride, I haven't cried!
Yesterday we went to Kramerbooks and Afterwords to eat dessert. The company was very very good, much to the liking of Joyce. Aldo, Justo, Julie, Ben, Mark, Joyce and me were there. It was a very nice evening, I felt as good as when we went to have dinner at Zlatko's. We got the dessert, and then after 5 minutes Mark said, "it's interesting to see how some people, after the food is out, suddenly stop speaking" pointing to me and Justo, who was sitting next to me. We really were concentrating on eating the dessert (mine: blueberry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream).
Today I bought two books: a New Orleans guide and A Heart So White by Javier Marias.
2 comments:
Corazon tan blanco, Javier Marias. That's a good one, I loved it!!!
And I chose it because I saw it on your list of favorite books...many of them are my favorites as well, so I have to trust your taste ;-) I will start reading it soon!!
Post a Comment