Monday, July 04, 2005

a lot of crying, drummers, and the guitar thing

I want to ask everyone if you agree that new clothes don't get dirty as fast as old clothes? Isn't it strange, but true?

Today was so boring again. I really feel the void that Sylvain (and Alex) left. I miss them a LOT. But actually it makes it easier for me to leave.

I'm really like a show with all this crying. "oh my God, there she goes again" - the others must think. But I try to keep it to myself. Yesterday I cried in the bathroom before going to sleep. Today we went to see some drummers (which was very good, I will decribe it soon) and the rhythm, the music, the dancers, the atmosphere, summer - and that Sylvain left and all my other friends (Marion, Lieselot and all the others) left, and soon I'm leaving...I cried again, but nobody noticed. Julie and Till were dancing next to me. I didn't dance, because I felt awkward (by the way, this was "one of the days").

About the drummers. We went to a park (on W and 16th), which is a park built on a hill, so there are "floors" and stairs built between them, and around: a lot of greens. Some people with drums gathered around and sat on the benches and played drums (spontaneously) and between them, in a small place, there were some dancers, black girls who danced incredibly well tuned to the music. 10-15 or even more drummers played at the same time. It was so human and ethnic. I loved it.

Now there's a bbq in the garden, but I saw a spider AND Dennis came with his guitar, and I have this thing against guitars (to make it worse, the bbq fire was blazing, and people started to ask for tacky songs, singing "Californication" together, for example. There are only a few things which I can't stand, really. This "guitar and singing around the fire" is one of them.)

And where are the Spanish flavors from today's post? I wonder, too! But I realized that it's always the same with guys. They don't think they have to invite someone to go with them...if I'm there, he would ask, "are you coming?" but otherwise, no. But ok, it's better this way, anyway. Now I will go down for a glass of water (since in the room, we don't have drinking water, because we only have warm water from the tap in the bathroom, and in DC we should not drink from the tap) and then go to the room to read The Confederacy of Dunces. (Federer won the championship)

2 comments:

Konrad said...

Hey, Mr. Guitar man, play a song for me. And my last blog was about guitar playing......
I hope, you don't mind. But you cannot argue about taste, and why should everybody like singing and guitar playing. By the way, I never played at a fire at the beach. And most girls like it :-)
But most of the time, I played it for myself. All by myself!!!!

pillepalle said...

Nice...I mean, I wouldn't mind that much. If only that would be my biggest problem, you know. But thanks for "excusing" yourself. You really wouldn't have to...but it's very considerate of you!