Another job interview today. Luckily I could sleep well, and didn't have my recurring dream...which has two standard elements: 1. I'm going to the U.S. and realize I have no visa 2. I'm in a swimming pool in summer. So the interview was quite okay. I got there 30 minutes earlier so I had to walk around the block until 1 p.m. Then I walked in, and had to wait 20 minutes until the interviewer showed up. I was nervous a bit, but then I always think that's not so visible from the outside, while in reality it must be. The girl told me that this was just the first round, and if the firm which looks for an employee likes my CV, they will call me in for a second interview - to the Water Works of Budapest (Fővárosi Vízművek).
I was supposed to go home today, but Kinga will come in the evening so I'll stay for the night. My Dad's sick anyway. I should study for the graduation exam, too...today I got the official opinion of the teacher who read my Thesis (I asked her to send it to me by email). It was a nice review and she didn't find too many mistakes in it. I think the biggest problem with my Thesis is the lack of primary sources. She thinks it's the fact that I didn't write about the race question before the Kennedy Administration. True.
Yesterday I finished reading "Le Grand Voyage" by Jorge Semprun. He was born in Madrid and then his family left the country for France because of the war in Spain in the 1930s. Then he joined the resistance and was taken to a concentration camp in Germany. That's the big journey and it is a very very good book. Of course it's not the first time I meet this topic, but this book is very well written. Clear, reasonal, not too dramatic. AND! Jorge Semprun is coming to Hungary in the spring, I guess to receive some kind of an award for the Spring Book Festival in Budapest.
No comments:
Post a Comment