Thursday, May 24, 2007

My happiest time today was when I went outside to hang out in the hammock (after dinner), I was reading, it was warm, there was some breeze- ideal until some weird loud noise started coming from down the street. Following my principles, I did not bother to look what it was. But the noise kept increasing! So I stood up and saw a small-scale march. Luckily, the transparents were bilingual so I understood they were protesting against deportation. Some 20 people with a few policemen around. I don't think I would ever participate in a march. Maybe if one of my friends got incarcerated in Thailand, but otherwise...I don't think I can change anything. Although when the French students did this protest last year (Marion also participated), they got what they wanted. But I never really understood what the problem was. That they could be fired during the first year of work? Yes, so? This could still happen to me!

Then I was watching this:
Hey as of yet unseen scientist person! Fire the rocket!

I guess this is the original episode of Harvey Birdman, where they did the voice-over. I've become a fan (thanks to Eliot)!

It's been a good day, I'm just pretty tired. I will go to bed soon. I just have to cover yesterday's basketball game. I WON!!! Okay, I did not win all three games we played, but I won once! For the first time. And then we were throwing...eh...shooting foul shots from the free throw line? yes? And I threw at first 4 then 4 and then 7 out of 10! It was off the hook! Although we were still arguing about what is foul and what is not, it was a kick ass basketball game. Except for some kids who kept running not only around but in our way; they were even throwing pencil cases toward us! And then two kids came and they asked if they could play and we played (groß v. klein)- it was funny.

And then I had a treat of not only one but two glasses of superfresh orange juice (thanks to Eliot). Mhhhm! And then while Eliot watched the Milan v. Liverpool champion's league final, I installed Photoshop! I could do it! I wish I could use it, though. For some reason I started to like, I know it sounds weird, computer stuff. It makes me feel good if I can do something and it works! Mostly, of course, thanks to Zoli.

Oh I almost forgot about my superprank yesterday. I was supposed to wait for Eliot downstairs (on the way to playing basketball) but he was not coming and the door was open so I went upstairs and stood in front of his door really close- so when he opened the door he got so shocked! Hehe. Was this funny? I guess because I was laughing!

No comments: