Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I dreamed about the office. We were all sitting in a car like the one Julio had. The scenery was also the mountains we drove through in Mexico. Anne was driving. Miia and Gergö started to make fun of me because I don't watch tv. I was sitting on the back seat. Anne stopped the car and said, "you cannot bully this girl! this is not how you should treat your coworkers! she's going to sue the company!" -then she continued driving and the others continued, and she had to stop again and again. The strange thing was that all of us looked the same. We were really fat women in tank tops. Even Gergö, though he looked more like he was made of mashed potatoes. And how did I feel? Although I felt uncomfortable about not watching tv as normal people do, I enjoyed, of course, all the attention.

After seeing the church, the bank, and a bus stop in Niederkrüchten, Miia and I went to a Greek bar yesterday. We sat next to two gigantic fishbowls. If I looked through them, I saw the distorted image of the waiter pouring my glass of wine that I ordered. It tasted really sour. Miia tasted it and she confirmed. I didn't want to complain but I wanted to drink and didn't want to pay for something that went bad. So Miia asked the waiter to come (who also looked like he was the owner) and said there was something wrong with the wine. He didn't want to believe it. He told me, "this is what you wanted! you said trocken!" then I told him he can taste it himself, and he did. He made a face that there was still nothing wrong with it but then finally replaced it. I gave 50 cent more tip than I should have, but I just didn't want them to hate me. Though I really shouldn't care. I'm never gonna see them again.

We drove through Mönchengladbach, and I saw posters that none other but Mikhail Gorbachev is coming tomorrow to M'gladbach to make a speech! I would so be interested in going. But I guess nobody else would like to come with me. He would speak in Russian and that would be translated into German anyway. As a child, I was always fascinated by the big red spot on his head. That was so unique! I imagined it was a map, "so he must be a real statesman," I thought.

Andi, Zoli and Szilvi are coming today! I'm so excited!

No comments: