Monday, June 11, 2007

Just to give a closure on Roland Garros, which I completely missed this year (same will go for Wimbledon I guess- I promise to be back with the US Open!), Nadal won and I watched the Federer interview and they asked him at what point he knew he was going to lose and he said: "the last moment". That's an attitude!

I love summer. I love when it's extremely hot. I'm not saying I don't complain, but it's much better than any other season. So I was walking to the store today after work and I thought about how I wanted to be in an Italian movie when I was 20 and dreamt about going to Italy with my soon to be first boyfriend, I would have worn a white hat and a white dress and we would be happy in a kind of tired way, like we would have gone through so many things together- basic Bruce Springsteen stuff. I should probably go to sleep now.

Favorite moment of the day at work: when Eliot took my pen and he started to chew on it. I watched and waited and then told him that I just did the same some minutes before! Hehe!

Least favorite moment of the day at work: definitely when Eliot banged his head against the door (why did he do that?!) I felt sorry for him, it must have hurt. I didn't want it to happen, honestly. I also did not like that I was provoked both verbally and physically and had no way to strike back.

My favorite songs right now: Laurie (Datarock) and Guest Room (The National).
My favorite tv series: The Office! (I was watching The Office today, too, and they were playing Call of Duty in it! At work! Like we used to do. Oh that was a lot of fun. Also, I just wrote about The Office and Call of Duty yesterday!)

Favorite character from Harvey Birdman: not Peter Potamus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I didn't want it to happen, honestly. I also did not like that I was provoked both verbally and physically and had no way to strike back."

This sounds like a person (or elephant) on trial for 2nd murder trying to explain the circumstances.


Although an eyewitness to scene might testify that the victim was trying to leave the scene, to diffuse any provocation, repeatedly appealing for calm and reasoning that the scene was "a place of business". Furthermore, I don't think any self-denfense narrative can include the pursuit of the provocateur (though this provocation is subjective at best and is yet to be established) and uncalled for retribution.

Anonymous said...

I will take the case!