Monday, June 04, 2007

My In Style

I'm writing, although today the point in writing here was called into question - well I agree, but I still have to say what happened today! After work, I went to the city to go shopping (girls love shopping)- I wanted to buy either shoes or some nice clothes, but of course, I ended up not buying anything. I saw a couple of really good looking enamel shoes (both with pointy fronts and one was black and flat, the other was red and high-heeled. I thought if I was Jane, I would have bought that red one. I don't have any red tops, though.)

Anyway, I was coming out of the Heinrich Heine Allee metro stop when I saw the guy who I liked when we went to this former toilet place underground next to Rosie's. I had to look two times but it was definitely him! He looked very hip and he was wearing a yellow shirt with brown pants (oh God. this is getting worse than "In Style".) So he looked like a true hipster. He was carrying a big tube, I guess with drawings in it. He was in a hurry so I put my sunglasses on and started to follow him (in a hurry) - for around 30 meters because then he stopped at the tram stop and just stood there waiting for the 715. (almost the 718! which is a Bloc Party song.)

I was just standing nearby, looking at shoes, occasionally glancing up from the sunglasses, but what was I to do? I thought about going up and talking to him but it would have been so stupid. For starters, would I have started talking in English or in German? "Hey, we met at the toilet place! You know! Oh...you don't remember...yeah, um...here's my phone number, but please don't call, I'm not very comfortable on the phone. And please don't speak in German, because I don't understand." On the other hand, I thought, wouldn't it be awesome if one day I was standing in the tram stop, and a cool guy walked up to me and wanted to get to know me? It would be so street! - Of course I didn't do anything and he took the tram and that was it. Well so much for my getting to know someone. Someone great.

No comments: