Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lipcse

My Leipzig trip went really well...no, actually, this is not true. I will try to make the long story short (it's really long, Conrad told me in the car. The story was full of "Mondays" and "at 9.30"s that happened months ago, hard to follow).

I landed at Leipzig airport on Friday. It had been dry and hot for 3 weeks. No sooner did I step out of the airplane than it started to rain! Pouring rain. "I guess I won't need you!" I said to my bikinis sadly.

Conrad came to pick me up. Because I have been life coached to ask as few questions as I can, I had no idea about plans. I didn't even know where I would sleep. Turned out, Conrad and Alex had a fight, and as a result of months of sulking and mutual offenses, they also had an argument over me. Which would be very flattering normaleweise, but this was just awful. I thought, ok, this cannot be so serious. Upon my request, we drove to Alex's place where Alex was very nice but he completely ignored Conrad. After this insult, Conrad refused to see Alex during the days that followed. Both claimed to have no problem with the other person. Both said the other was such a primadonna!

So I was stuck in between. I was with Katrin and Conrad on Saturday, I spent the evening with Alex and then met up with Katrin, Conrad and some new people after midnight. On Sunday I had brunch with Alex, Antje and again new people. Then we took a bike ride to a lake. The lake was fun. Though it was very cloudy.

I had a good time, though, all in all. I know I always make it sound like things are going terribly, but no I was happy to be there again and I had some really great chats. Alex said that I give things up too easily. That's true I think. It was good to see these people who could be my friends! I mean if I lived there. And if I lived there, I would probably speak much better German now. I felt I was in a different country there, a country, where they speak German! I know this sounds stupid...but I learned a lot and I understood, of course, much more than when I went there for the first time last August.

I learned useful German expressions.

- Tussi -a rich woman, but this is a very bad word. To make it worse, you can say Tusse.
- Bonzenauto, Bonzentussi- Bonzen implies if somebody is rich and that shows.
- Presswurst- if a fat girl wears very tight clothes
- Maurerritze- the crack of a fat person
- FKK- Freie Körper Kultur
- Vokuhila- vorne kurz, hintern lang hairstyle (no offense to any of my dear readers!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many times have you said "I guess I won't need you!" to your bikini with a smile?

pillepalle said...

grrrr