Friday, August 24, 2007

a svéd hajózás veszélyes üzem

The days of my youth, as I look back on them, seem to fly away from me in a flurry of pale repetitive scraps like those morning snow storms of used tissue paper that a train passenger sees whirling in the wake of the observation car.

Did I write this? I wish! I started reading Lolita!

I talked to a guy yesterday who works for the Swedish Water Rescue Organization (or something like that). He said on average they have to fish 4 people out of the water per day! Mostly people get drunk and they jump into the water. A woman said it's now very common to own "pleasure boats" (I wonder what that is) and there are a lot of accidents. For example, because they rely now almost exclusively on GPS, two boats have recently collided in broad daylight because both of them looked down on their GPS maps and didn't care to look out into the water. Crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleasure Boat, you know, like a kayak

.... said...

A pleasure boat nem az, amin kihajóznak a semleges vizekre, és vedelik a vodkát, mert az országban nem lehet alkoholozálni? Vagy ez egy másik balti államban van...?