- Exactly! I'm in Stockholm. Technically, in Kista. I'd like to think it's the armpit of Stockholm, but what can you call an armpit in Sweden? (The guide book says you can't find any trash on the street here even if you looked with a magnifying glass- please. this is a big joke. the streets are dirty!)
I was reading about biographies yesterday. The article had a part about diaries and letters.
"People lie in letters all the time, and they use diaries to moan and to vent. These are rarely sites for balanced and considered reflection. They are sites for gossip, flattery, and self-deception."
This is true, and I was sulking a bit when I read this on the metro (this happened between the stations Näckrosen and Hallonbergen- I remember because there was something wrong with the Näckrosen station, I saw the warning sings when I got on the metro. I understood there was a Bahn failure and for that reason something was going to happen at that station. I was hesitating to ask a guy to tell me what it meant, maybe everybody would have to get out and change to a bus, but then I thought, if that was the case, I would notice and would just follow everybody else, and on the other hand, what if the guy thought I started talking to him because I liked him, which was not the case, so I let it go and started reading about biographies. It said everybody loves biographies, and I was wondering how this can be true, because I once had to read one for class and I didn't like it! I picked a biography of Ella Fitzgerald. It was such a boring book. All I remember was that she first wanted to dance, that she was going in and out of studios recording albums with this and that and that the author, I thought quite viciously, noted that she was very lonely because nobody loved her. I felt so sad.)
No comments:
Post a Comment