Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I had a very good day today. I noticed that I was in a good mood many times, first when I went down to the metro on my way to pick up the photos. I felt this familiar warm smell of the metro that I realized I have been missing! (In Lolita, H.H. is making fun of someone always "realizing" things, so I should not use this any longer.) Anyway I was buzzing and so excited about the photos and I was very happy when I saw them! The ones I took in Stockholm are all crap but this is probably because I didn't put much heart into them. The rest is okay, I know they could be better in many ways but at least they are much better than I expected. And the colors and the whole depth thing...so much nicer than with the digital.

And then I was going back to the office, crossing the bridge on the tram. The trams are so frequent that I never have to wait more than 30 seconds for the next one. This is based on one week of rush hour experience. But I think it's great! And from the bridge, I like the view of the river, the university buildings, and I now find the whole city very pretty. All this on a day when it was raining like crazy! And I was sooo cold.

I'm cold because I don't have a fall jacket. Zsófi leaves every morning before I leave and when I get dressed I always cross my fingers that she doesn't take one of her jackets that I like. This jacket we bought in Venlo and I insisted we should buy it in size 42, and a great idea it was! Now both of us can wear it, but luckily, usually it is me.

Before playing basketball I met Szilvi and her university friends- Szilvi said I should go because I know all of them anyway. We were meeting at 6 on Móricz but I was there before Szilvi and saw 2 of her friends and walked up to them, saying, "Is this the meeting of the geologists" - this was a joke, but they didn't recognize me and I said, "do you know me? I'm Eszter" and they were shaking their heads (well it was raining heavily, but still) and I had to say, "I'm Szilvi's friend" and then they knew but they introduced themselves while I knew very well who they were! When they said their names I didn't say mine I just said, "I know". Ohhhh!

Basketball was good although not as good as last time. We were 10 and I didn't make any baskets. I was wearing the LUNA OES shirt. Mistake.

Tomorrow we're supposed to go to a wine festival in the castle, but I'm not going to go in this cold and rain. Shiiit, because I was looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I felt this familiar warm smell of the metro that I realized I have been missing!"

We have requested that you not pass gas in the metro out of respect for others.

Anonymous said...

Girls do not emit those things you just referred to.