Monday, November 12, 2007

your little baby sister what?

I know this below is not a good video but when I was making it it looked so fragmented on the screen that I thought it wouldn't look ok anyway, but it's quite ok. And the concert was really good, I was singing lots of songs (shouting) and once Win Butler was saying something and I could understand only 30% (including the F word), and they finished up with Wake Up that has this great rock and roll ending which they played for a longer time and it was a great opportunity to throw myself up and down like a fish.

Today when people asked what concert I went to nobody knew Arcade Fire. Mr. Barely Legal said, "I'm a dinosaur when it comes to new music." (A dinosaur! Maybe he knows where to find ice cream!)

And then in the afternoon I was talking with Mr. Are-You-Too-Warm and he said he'd be interested in coming to play basketball which got me all excited (despite me declaring up until today that I wouldn't go to play basketball any more) and then we were chatting and he said, "look outside" which he meant for me to see the weather is no longer good and warm and then I said, "oh I thought you'd be standing outside on the balcony like the people who go to the sauna" (because there's a sauna on our floor, and rumor has it that some guys stand outside naked after they go to the sauna) (the more I explain my "joke" the worse it gets, I know) and then he said, "oh so you have a sense of humor" and like he was surprised and I couldn't decide if he meant it, he was being rude, or he was being sarcastic, because this was a joke not so funny. Sadly, this made my day.

No comments: