Friday, January 25, 2008

The thing about Hungarians is that we have 2 national anthems. Yes! Although there is one that is the official (called, very cleverly, "Anthem"), almost always we sing both anthems on national holidays. We open with Anthem, and we close with the other one, which is also called anthem but with another word. I don't know which one is the more negative one. Well the second, unofficial anthem is something like, "be true to your country, because you have no chance but to live and die here, and when you die, you go under the ground which will take care of you and hide you, oh, you Hungarian person."

And the elevator always has the smell of the person travelling before in it, and there was this woman stepping out of it just now...wait I didn't see that! But I saw her getting in when I went to check the mailbox. Anyway, the same elevator came back, and it smelled like when the dentist is finished with your teeth and you can go and flush, is it flush? your mouth now.

And about this secondary anthem, I was singing it in my dream, and was crying I was so touched. Some people rushed to the stage with a Hungarian flag, to which the audience uniformly responded with a small "oh come on" laugh.

And there is this guy form work, who is my supervisor kind of, and when I got off the metro at the end station on Wednesday (around 7.30) he was there, and yesterday (around 8.30) he was there, and today (9.00) he was there, too! I'm spooked.

Tomorrow I will go to an all-morning yoga session.

No comments: