Sunday, March 02, 2008

I will now explain why I limited the access to this blog. Last week I was talking about how you can search for people on the Internet in our room in the office and for a try I searched for my colleague and he had some funny hits; then I searched for myself and I got only one hit and that was a direct link to this blog! Luckily, they didn't pick up on this (I was suddenly frozen). I was trying to find the post which had my name but I had already deleted it once, but google remembered it and it was still in the search but not in the actual blog. Anyway, I did not want anyone from work to know about this, and the few people who read this blog can still read it, so that's the story.

Today is Sunday and I did a lot of things. I went to a forest in the morning with my Dad. We measured some trees and spray-painted them. Those trees will be cut and the lumber sold. We found the following things other than plants in the forest:

- lots of trash, there was even a bicycle skeleton in the middle of the forest (it was green, but still!)
- traces of deer
- a big hole created by a Second World War bomb
- a hunting tower.

Then we went to the flea market. I wanted to buy a pretty watering can. There were a few I liked but they were all, according to my Dad, more like for pouring coffee than watering plants. Plus they were made of brass and were too expensive.

Instead, we bought a pump for our bicycles. The guy who sold them spoke with an accent and then it turned out he was Polish! And there were, I thought, a surprisingly big supply of used shoes.

And now I got into reading the Günter Grass book (Beim Häuten der Zwiebel, but I'm reading it in Hungarian) and it's now interesting and I like it. I'm at the part where, about 2 years after the end of the war, Günter Grass gets to Düsseldorf, where he learns to be a sculptor (for tombstones). And I got excited when he wrote, "oh and then I had to change trams at Schadowplatz" and then "I had to go to Bilk" and stuff.

And now we (Zsófi, Zoli and I) took the car back to Budapest and at first it was so nicely warm and sunny, but then near Budapest we got into a storm and couldn't see 5 meters ahead of us. So Zoli said he wouldn't date a girl who would not smoke weed. I asked, "you mean nowadays or never" (because these days, I don't want to smoke at all) and he said, "yes, and also, I wouldn't date a girl who does not want to see No Country for Old Men and who goes to Firenze on Sunday. You know how these girls are."

No comments: