Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm back from Italy. Today I had to go to the other office in the morning for some "training". We were in a conference room, where I sat down on a chair in the last row, ready not to pay attention. Then, at 8.30 in the morning, some Swedes came in and divided us into groups, with the happy exclamation, "don't think you will be in the same group with your friends!"

Then each group was handed a plastic bag with LEGO pieces inside and we were to build a helicopter and then pretend to deliver "the product" to some "customer" and I thought where's the coffee machine and I was happy there were some cookies put out because I did not have breakfast.

So I dived in and was chatting with the assistant girl about the new guys I'd never seen before, while Stuart and Co. fiddled with the helicopter pieces. Later the helicopters were analyzed and evaluated and then we were shown some processes and it was so incredibly boring and I could not believe how anyone can show any enthusiasm for this! I thought it must not be possible that I'm the only person who wants to jump off this boat but then, while we were watching some multimedia marketing stuff they did for Volvo I heard one of the guys said "this sucks" and that was good.

At least I could dodge the company dinner, including a hilarious game of Activity with Swedish and Hungarian sentences to guess, yesterday and went playing basketball instead, which was really good, I was running a lot and almost all my shots went in. Was a lucky game.

No comments: