Thursday, May 08, 2008

Guest List: PP

Welcome to the latest edition of blogspot's Guest List.

Each week, we ask one of our favorite blog authors to fill us in on what they've been up to lately: which tracks they can't stop spinning, what books they can't put down, and what new bands they've caught on tour.

This week it's PP (also known as PP Senior), who takes a little time out of her rigorous authoring schedule to tell us everything we are interested in. Because we are, for once, interested.

>> Favorite Songs from the Past Year

From last year, I liked LCD Soundsystem the most. We also went to a concert, in Köln, which was great.

(Editor's note: She also told yours truly that she had to spend some considerable time lining up for beer while the best songs were playing. The verity of this is waiting for confirmation.)

Can I tell you which is my favorite LCD Soundsystem song? It's All My Friends. I also love the remix (download it from here.)

>> Favorite Older Songs at the Moment

Walk Like an Egyptian by The Bangles, and Amulet by Natacha Atlas. I heard a song on the radio, which I liked so I noted the words down and I was very proud of myself because it was in French. And I found the song (it was Mon Amie La Rose, and of course I misunderstood some words) and then I listened to some more and I found Amulet. I don't think I could say it's my favorite old song because I had not listened to it before, I vaguely knew who she was, and she also used to come to Sziget, but I never went to see her. I hope she's coming this year, too! Well Offspring is coming to VOLT Fesztivál so what are the chances?

>> Favorite New Artist

Titus Andronicus


>> Favorite Song Ever

I guess it should be something by Bruce Springsteen. My favorite album is Darkness on the Edge of Town but there are so many great songs, I don't know, maybe Dancing in the Dark? Although I think "this gun's for hire" is a bit out of place, what's a gun doing in that song? I understand the metaphor but I think it's a bit too much, I mean the mix of images.

>> Your Karaoke Song

Take a Chance on Me by ABBA

>> Best Recent Concert

On my birthday we went to Corvintető (or Corvinterasz, I never know, same thing) and there was a concert by Carbonfools, a Hungarian band. They sounded great and then the next day I checked them out on the Internet but they were much much better live. Zsófi (Editor's note: her sister) and I are going to see them again on May 17.

>> Last Great Film I Saw

Last film I saw was In the Valley of Elah, which wasn't so great, although Charlize Theron is my favorite actress. Last great film? Hmm...well yes. The Kite Runner. I know it's lame but I had to cry like 5 times during the film, but it was good.

>> Last Great Book I Read

I know this is not the question but now I'm reading Decameron and you would think it's full of spicy parts because it has the reputation of being about sex, like we were not to read it in high school, but please this is not spicy at all! And I'm halfway through the book and the stories get repetitive and the narrators are way too verbose. I was excited at the beginning for getting all the Firenze references, and it was interesting to read about the pest (I mean the black death) but let's be honest it gets to be a bit boring. I will try to finish it, though.

>> Favorite Piece of Musical Equipment

Not the guitar. Especially not at a fire.

>> Best Thing I Did This Year

(Editor's note: She is raising her eyebrows)

>> Favorite TV Show at the Moment

The Wire, but while I'm waiting for getting the next season to watch, I watch House on tv.

>> Favorite Video Game at the Moment

Pacman! I played with Kinga on Tuesday, on an original Commodore 64.


>> My Ringtone

Walk Like an Egyptian by The Bangles

>> Which Upcoming Sports Event Excites You the Most

Roland Garros starts on May 25 is all I have to say.

>> Favorite Team for Euro 2008

France, as always

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great reading! Or skimming anyway. Any chance of getting a Zsófi Pálprincess Páll guest list?!?!? That would be the bees knees

Anonymous said...

Nice elephant picture, ABES. Is that a self-portrait? Did you have to step on a chair to take that picture?