
Also, from yesterday on, I decided to be a restaurant critic (expanding my blog profile). My first pick was Menza. Ok, to be honest, I decided to go out to eat, and when we were in the restaurant, I was criticizing the place and Zsófi said it's annoying that I think I'm Gordon Ramsey, but I enjoyed it a lot!
So, I once was curious about which restaurants Lonely Planet in Budapest recommends and I saw this one even had a photo in the book, so I went there yesterday. And what happened! 3 foreigners appeared with a Lonely Planet book! They were immediately seated while we 3 could only get a 2-person table with an extra chair and we were told to leave in 90 minutes as the table was reserved.
The waiter, serving us, came to ask what we wanted to drink two times while we were still chatting about hey what has been up with you? which was understandably more interesting than the drinks. I think waiters should stand by and be ready to jump when I raise my eyes. They should not come and hasten the guests!
I had mango lemonade, which was very delicious. I asked for it without ice and that was no problem. Then I ordered spagetti aglio e olio, which was good, but I thought the one in the much complained-about Düsseldorf canteen was much better! I missed more spices and the spagetti was too drenched in the oil.
I asked if I could pay by card and it was no problem, I liked that. When the waiter lifted Kinga's plate, the fork dropped into Kinga's lap. The place inside is very nicely decorated and looks brand-new and hip. Just not what I would have in my own apartment. I think retro is no longer "in", but that's just me. (I mean, how could it be "just me" when I'm talking about a trend? I will have to practise being a restaurant critic, I guess.)
Then we walked by Klassz, so far my favorite restaurant, and they had almost the same daily menu, but cheaper. But they don't have a terrace.
And yesterday Kolonics György died of a heart attack, and he was 36 and he would have run in two Olympic numbers, in canoeing (solo and with some guy). And now I just heard some guy here died because his back hurt and Zsofi is going today for a back-pain center check-up.
We just counted our pulses in the office after I complained about coffee making me shaky. My pulse in 10 seconds was 11 which is toooo average.
No comments:
Post a Comment