Thursday, July 17, 2008

the bomb, take 3

Yesterday I bought a big squash and I was listening to the radio while cooking (there was no squash grating contraption at home so I had to use the cheese grater!) and then came the breaking news that they found an American bomb from the 2nd world war again, in the 13th district, and they started evacuating 10.000 people! 10.000! And we live on the border of the 13th district (see red arrow):



And then on tv they said some people just didn't want to leave and it was already 10 pm and they still couldn't start getting to the bomb because some people just wouldn't leave their apartments. And the expert guy on tv said people are so not accustomed to bombs anymore it's no wonder they are not afraid: when the Germans were bombing Spain in 1936, he said, the Spaniards went out to the streets and were looking up on the falling bombs in amazement.

I think the worst thing about this blog is that I can't bitch about my colleagues or people because what if they find it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like the map depicting morning-exchange related fall-out, no?

Anonymous said...

Who would be so evil as to spill your blog secret?

Anonymous said...

You could use code names- like, for example, farty elephant