Tuesday, July 22, 2008

my daily Danish

Thank y'all for the comments. This is to inform you that "the bomb" has nothing whatsoever to do with elephants, or their parts...downtown.

I woke up today at 4 in the morning. I was turning in my bed, then I changed the shutter to let the lights in but there was no light. I was crossing my fingers that the sun should come out because then I would have got up, but it didn't and it's still cloudy. So I fell asleep again and I dreamed of Eliot, Liisa, Fred and Rich. We were all in some stranger's apartment. I put my arm around Fred's shoulders and we were chatting like old friends. Like we had said goodbye yesterday. And then I was left alone in the street and many foreign students, all younger then me, came out of the houses and walked past me and looked at me like what I was doing there. And then I looked at a map and I located the island of Samsø and then another Danish island to the northwest and I saw a postcard that my Dad sent from there (in the dream) and it was called Kilttain or Kittigan and then I saw that Ireland was just north of Denmark and I was sent there on a business trip with a colleague who I did not want to go with (not Mr. PDF).

This is not a good ending and I would like to add something more cheerful here. But what! I met a guy from work on the tram and these were my conversation topics:

- fight with Zsofi yesterday
- me taking out the plastic bottles to the selective container this morning + discussion whether shampoo bottles can be thrown in or only bottles for mineral water and other drinks (I always throw in all kinds of plastic bottles because the sign on the container says "plastic bottles" and there's no specification)
- my Spanish class yesterday: I was asked to say a "funny word" I learned yesterday but I could not come up with any, so I was talking about the strange habits of my Spanish teacher and how she found it hard to pronounce African names (like it matters anything how we pronounce them)

Today I'm meeting Zoli (the other Zoli and Andi are in Mallorca) and maybe we'll see a movie or just go out to eat and then I can continue my restaurant reviews. Last time we saw a Danish movie called Adam's Apples that was really really good, it was morbidly funny. Zoli insisted that we watch it from the first row because there's a huge couch there (this is a very small cinema) but I was complaining throughout the whole film that it was uncomfortably close. Zoli said I was annoying.

Then on Wednesday I'm going to bake the cakes for Friday's party and I have to buy candles, too. I'm not saying what party because it's work-related and that would make it uncool.

And then there's the biggest excitement of the week: basketball on Thursday! We'll see what happens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No...no... Over here...pass the.. no... don't shoot... sssssssssssss *CLANG*

Anonymous said...

Is Daily Danish the new vernacular for the 'morning exchange'?z