Monday, August 18, 2008

arms around the stereo

I love music videos that start with somebody plugging in the guitar to that music device (I forgot what it's called). For example, Apartment Story by The National. (The girl in the red shoes: that's me.) I finally decided the question: who has better lyrics: Arcade Fire or The National (hoping this question has not expired). And I choose The National!

There's not much of the summer left, which is not that bad as I'm getting a bit tired of it. For one I'm feeling all festivaled out for the moment. No more festivals for a long while. And if there's not a specific band I really want to see next year, I doubt I will go to Sziget.

But back to my favorite summer activity: swimming. I love swimming under water, with my eyes open. Of course, wearing goggles, otherwise I can only open one of my eyes and that only half-way. Last time we went to the swimming pool, which was on Friday, I lost the rubber part of my goggles. So we were looking for it (never mind blocking the lane) and Zsofi found it in the next lane and I went down for it and almost got drowned and I could barely avoid bumping into two chatty girls at the starting block.

But isn't it a cheery time to mind such inconveniences! Last night, after we got home, Zsofi and I put a poster up in the elevator:



Needless to say, it was already torn by 7 am and poor Cseh Laci was on the floor. By the time I left the house, it wasn't even on the floor, I could only see the remains of the scotch tape on the elevator wall.

4 comments:

.... said...

Pernahajderek!

pillepalle said...

Hehe, tudod, hol hallottam utoljara ezt a szot? Abban az angol sorozatban, a Szupernagyiban!!

Anonymous said...

Probably because he didn't win 8 yes!!! EIGHT gold medals. USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!

pillepalle said...

I heard you returned to your tank at sea world, Michael