Monday, August 18, 2008

Material girl

The painter guy was just here. He said it would cost 155.000 Forints to take off the hideous wallpaper and paint all the walls in the apartment. And I have to save for the big trip so maybe that's getting postponed for the spring. Here's the good part: I can spend my money until then on something else (for example, another trip, for which I'm itching) and collect ideas about apartment-styling.

In Sziget, Zsofi and I watched a Vietnamese puppet theater performance. It was nice because now I know I don't want to see it again in Vietnam. They were selling original Vietnamese hats for 1500 Forints. My goal is to get them for 100 Forints. For the price of one I'll bring home 15 such hats!

What else happened today? I bought a present to my Dad as his birthday is on Wednesday, I went to a grocery store, which sells only fruit and vegetables, there are not many of those, but I found one and I liked it, except that the woman there was not nice. But if I get to be a returning customer, which is my intention, maybe she'll like me! (Material girl adds: "and get parsley for free!")

In the morning, I saw Mr. T coming down the escalator in the metro while I was going up the escalator. I would lie if I said I was not expecting to see him. But it was so strange, like he was in a movie, made of my thoughts (all the more because he was wearing the same work clothes as last Wednesday, when we went to buy tickets.) Now I don't know if I should skip basketball because of him on Thursday, or should I tell him there will be no game, which would be a lie and ah, no, or, should I just go and blush and feel uncomfortable?

No comments: