Tuesday, October 28, 2008

against the rain

Now it's raining so we can't do much. We flew from Hanoi to Hue yesterday but Hue was very hot and humid and after seeing the tallest flag post in Vietnam and some emperor's old buildings, we decided it was time to get out. So we went back to the hotel where we just had checked in a couple of hours before. I found that tiny ants were eating my emergency garlic bake rolls. I was pissed.

So a big bus was coming for us and we took a very bad road from Hue through Da Nang to Hoi An. There was a toilet on the bus, given the long distance, but it was closed and had a note on the door: "Please don't use the toilet to keep the smell away during the long trip thank you" -I'm quoting verbatim. An old woman wanted to go and found it locked and for a minute was considering using a plastic bag! But luckily, we stopped and to my biggest surprise, this roadside village in the middle of nowhere had the usual English toilets! I haven't seen one squat toilet so far. Kind of disappointing, but what can you do.

No comments: