This morning, I started talking to a complete stranger on the tram. Because he was reading the same book I'm reading! So I took the book out of my bag, and I said, "hello, I'm reading the same book! This is it, right?" and I pointed at the cover of my book. He smiled and said yes, and looked surprised, and then he started staring back at his book.
I was ready to talk about the book and I even had 2 perfect insider jokes about it but he was not looking up, so I started reading the book as well. Of course, when my stop was coming up, I saw him putting back his bookmark, and I was doing the same, because we were getting off at the same stop. Then he looked at me and smiled and I did the same. And that's it!
He wasn't super handsome, but he was a normal guy and I saw he had a ring but what does this matter when all I wanted was to chat not to marry! It would have been nice. And it's a book for language dorks anyway, so not many people read it. ArggH!
1 comment:
Somewhere in Hungary there is a diary / blog entry that begins "I met a crazy(haired) dude on the train this morning"
Post a Comment