But luckily some people, coincidentally the people I like a lot, stayed and we chatted and it was cool. Then I took the metro back to the office (this was after 10 pm and I was a bit tipsy), had to go up and take my stuff, take the tram back to the metro stop and take the metro home again. I was reading 2666 on the metro (and no, it is not set in the year 2666) and I thought the passage I was just reading was written when the writer was drunk.
Then I had to take the tram again. There were two guys with fishing rods on the last tram and a lady was shouting obscenities. After one stop I realized these guys not only live in my building but they live on the same floor as I. The eyes of one of them stand apart. He said "hello" when we got off.
The next day I felt really sleepy and I developed a major headache by noon which I tried to "mentally fight", but eventually I had to take a pill. The whole day was spent in a haze. I didn't do one bit of work. I had coffee breaks and then I came home.
The party on Saturday was good. I was in my element. Didn't drink much, but just enough. I ate. I talked to people. I danced. I got to know a person from Azerbaijan. I told her I googled Azerbaijan some weeks ago and this was what I got from the photo hits:

Yes, this mustachioed gentleman is sitting in a bathtub of oil. Why would anyone ever want to do that?
At one point the police was called. The others don't know, but when we went in the door downstairs, an old woman was just taking out the trash and scolded us for slamming the door. She asked, "where are you going" and I gave her the name and the floor/door number of the person who threw the party. But no, actually the police was coming because the police station was just on the other side of the road, facing the open windows, with music blaring out as you can imagine. And they said they tried to do interrogations and they couldn't concentrate because of the loud music.
I had three suitors at the party. One complimented on my skirt. Then he complimented on my shoes. I said, "why aren't you dancing", and he said, "because I don't like to dance". I said, "surely you like music, don't you" and he said, "yes, when I go FAST" and his eyes went rounder. Eww I thought. And then he just looked at me and I thought, is this the way you are courting somebody? Not a very successful strategy, my friend.
The other guy was nice and funny, but, I don't think he's my "type". He tried to talk me into going on a three-day hike to Poland in July. But if I went, it wouldn't be because of him, and that wouldn't be fair. No matter how much I love hiking, of course.
I woke up at 7 and made coffee and couldn't sleep, and then I realized I spent all daytime of Friday sleeping with my eyes open.
No comments:
Post a Comment