Friday, September 23, 2005

a series of unfortunate events but something nice, too


Napa Valley, California Posted by Picasa

I think this is a very nice picture of the fall.

Yesterday was not my day at all. A series of unfortunate events made the whole day more difficult for me.

UNFORTUNATE EVENTS
1. in the morning, I headed off to meet Szilvi at her university, which is an hour away from here. I took the tram to the metro station, but it was closed, to my (and a lot of other people's) great surprise. So I had to take the bus, with thousands of other people...it was so crowded, so inconvenient, and we even got into a traffic jam. When a seat became free, next to her sat a woman who I asked, "excuse me, may I sit down there?" pointing to the seat next to her. (Her bags were on it). She didn't even bother to look at me! Of course, everyone else was looking at me. It was very awkward. Later it turned out that someone called the police that there was a bomb at my metro station. It was a false alarm, but they had to close the station down.

2. I was on the bus again, in the afternoon, when I wanted to take the headphones out of my ears to put my coat back on, because it was cold. As I took the headphones out, my earrings were flying away in all directions, including the parts in the back. I had to fight with the turning bus to search for my earrings, again for the big audience of my fellow passangers. I managed to find both earrings but only the back of one of them.

A VERY NICE THING, THAT ALSO HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY
I met up my sister to go downtown to eat dinner after class. We got to the place which happened to be in the center of a biking "parade," yesterday was the "day without cars" and they closed down a central road to let bikers bike on the road, in the middle and wherever they wanted. It was fun to watch them and by the time we finished eating, they had mostly been gone, so we could walk on the road (in the middle and wherever we wanted). It turned dark and some bikers still came, and we walked from Opera up to Hősök tere. Was very nice. Pictures here (click on the picture and a lot of other pictures will be there).

No comments: