Thursday, May 03, 2007

the adventures of the Páll girls in Spaghettiland (day 2)

We woke up to a beautiful sunny day with a great garden view and some old ladies watering flowers on their back balconies. The breakfast was good, except Zsófi complained there was no meat. "I don't understand. "Ham from Parma". Salami on commercials. Where is my meat!!!" The coffee was quite bad, too, to be honest. And there was no orange juice!

Then we just started walking, naively thinking we would just read the signs that would direct us to the main attractions. We didn't want to see the Scala, but we ended up just there. ("Itt vagyunk a Skálánál...de nem a Bocskai úton")

I pointed out the glass-roof arcades called Vittorio Emmanuel II- Zsófi thought it must be not the one going to the Duomo because that should be "number 1".

This is me looking for McDonald's in the arcades. (Are they called arcades at all?)


We visited the Duomo on the inside (quite scary, with a lot of tiny places to confess), and there was also a statue with a guy who got his own skin off and held the skin in this hands! If he did it these days, he would be locked up as a lunatic but the Catholics made him a statue.

Then we took the elevator up to the top. I took this picture. Try to find Zsófi.



We went shopping afterwards, had lunch, and then decided to take the train to Como. We had ice-cream. I asked for 2 ice-creams, one pistacchio flavor, and then I asked Zsófi what she wanted, and she said, "the same" so we got 1 ice-cream with double pistacchio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who got the first lick of the ice cream cone? Bigger Sister?